Workshop PCO 2015
Fifth Workshop on
Parallel Computing and Optimization
In conjunction with IEEE IPDPS 2015, Hyderabad India
May 25-29, 2015
New submission deadline: January 9, 2015
The workshop on new trends in Parallel Computing and Optimization aims at providing a forum for scientific researchers and engineers on recent advances in the field of parallel or distributed computing for difficult combinatorial optimization problems, like 0-1 multidimensional knapsack problems and cutting stock problems, large scale linear programming problems, nonlinear optimization problems and global optimization problems. Emphasis will be placed on new techniques for the solution of these difficult problems like cooperative methods for integer programming problems and polynomial optimization methods. Aspects related to Combinatorial Scientific Computing (CSC) will also be treated. In particular, we solicit submissions of original manuscripts on sparse matrix computations and relatives (including graph algorithms); and related methods and tools for their efficiency on different parallel systems. The use of new approaches in parallel computing like GPU computing, peer to peer computing will be considered. Application to cloud computing, planning, logistics, manufacturing, finance, telecommunications and computational biology will be considered.
* Integer programming, linear programming, nonlinear programming.
* Global optimization, polynomial optimization.
* Exact methods, heuristics.
* Parallel algorithms for combinatorial optimization.
* Parallel metaheuristics.
* Distributed optimization algorithms.
* Parallel sparse matrix computations, graph algorithms, load balancing.
* Hybrid computing and the solution of optimization problems.
* Peer to peer computing and optimization problems.
* Applications: cloud computing, planning, logistics, manufacturing, finance, telecommunications, computational biology, combinatorial algorithms in high performance computing.
|New submission deadline:||January 9, 2015|
|Notification of acceptance:||February 16, 2015|
|Camera ready due:||February 28, 2015|
May 29, 2015
Prospective authors should submit their papers through Workshop PCO 2015 submission system: i.e. EDAS conference management service:
Abstract and paper can be uploaded until January 9, 2015. Authors should preferably follow the manuscript specifications of IEEE IPDPS, i.e. submitted manuscripts may not exceed 10 single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables and references. Style templates are available at the IPDPS 2015 call for papers.
For questions about the conference itself, such as paper formats, late submissions, registration and reviews, please contact the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCO 2011, PCO 2012 , PCO 2013, PCO 2014